Dental Diet Guide
Find out what are the best food for teeth and oral health? Some extra advices from Dr Minh Tran, Australian Registered Dentist
What foods are good for teeth?
- Milk, nuts and dairy cheese are the best for teeth because they contain a large amount of calcium and protein
- Sugarless sugar free gum
- High fibre food like vegetables eg: spinach. The chewing is like running your teeth through a car wash.
What foods can stain and damage your teeth?
- Coffee, dark chocolate, soft drinks, sugar, lollies, chewy candy
- Citrus fruits and juices, Grapefruit and lemon juice, in particular, are highly acidic and can erode tooth enamel over time.
- Red wine can stain your teeth
- Black Tea can cause mild stain, but other teas are ok
Avoid eating the above as much as you can and rinse your mouth straightaway if you consume them.